Wallapop S.L. (henceforth, "Wallapop"), CIF nº B-66.04.9057, located in Calle Meridiana 89, 6th Floor, 08026, Barcelona (Spain) with the email address: email@example.com, is responsible for your personal data (henceforth known as "Data").
To whom does this policy apply?
This webpage or application is not designed for use by those under the age of 14; those of this age, or below, should also refrain from supplying any data of a personal nature. To this effect, Wallapop only recommends the use of their webpage and application for those over the age of 18. Wallapop reserves the right to check the age of any user of the webpage or application at any time.
Wallapop collects and handles your personal data when you have registered as a user on either the application or the webpage and also of the users who browse or use the app without having registered.
To this effect, Wallapop obtains and uses the IP address and other identification from the device used to browse our webpage and application. We also collect the data given to us at the time of registration as a "User" of Wallapop, as well as the data obtained as a result of browsing, searching, conversations, purchases, ratings of other users, and where applicable, by connecting your user account with a Facebook or Google account in order to access the webpage or application.
Additionally, if your previous consent has been given to us, we will have access the location of your device in order to show you the items that are closest to you, allowing you to enjoy our services to the full.
What data do we collect?
We therefore inform you that when browsing Wallapop, we use your location data on both the website and the application in order to to offer you the most relevant results when searching for items or services. While the geo-localization feature of the webpage and application is an available option, it cannot be offered to those who have not given their prior consent.
In the case that you have not registered as a user on our website or application, Wallapop will have access to your device's IP address for the following purposes:
- In order to know the origin of the download of the application, for our legitimate use, to give you access to the best offers.
- In order to access your location while you use the app or website so that we can show you the products that are closest to you. The handling of this data is only allowed with your previous consent to the cookies policy or the device settings.
In the case that you have registered via the application and/or website, any data of a personal nature will only be used for the following purposes:
- To manage your registration and preferences as a user within the profile section; offer the services of our website and/or application that you have requested. By signing up, you agree that Wallapop may legitimately use your data for those purposes.
- To ensure the best use of our services and products and protect against illicit use or other use that does not comply with our policy or values. We are also able to terminate the registration as an effect of specific legal obligations that ensure we protect our users, services and products.
- To show targeted adverts tailored to the purchasing and browsing habits obtained from the use of our application or website, in view of our legitimate purpose of improving the commercial offering.
- To send, by various means including electronic, commercial communication relating to the services and products offered by Wallapop. These may relate to your purchasing patterns, browsing or use of our webpage and/or application. Wallapop undertakes this action taking into account the relationship maintained with the user and ensuring that the communication focusses on our products and services.
- To manage your participation in the competitions we organise; this is justified by your agreement to the legal conditions corresponding to your free entry into the competition.
- To analyse the content of the chats in which you interact with other users. The purpose if this is to verify the lawful use of our services. The handling of this data is done under the protection of our legitimate interest to ensure against illicit and fraudulent use of our services.
- To carry out the tracking of delivery of your products and services purchased via the website and/or application. Wallapop undertakes this process only once you have agreed to the general conditions of use when employing these services.
- To manage and monitor the sale of bumps or visibility positioning. The legitimate use of this data is as a result of the user's consent to our terms and conditions of use when contracting these services.
- To manage the complaints and comments about products and services acquired via our website and/or application. This forms the basis of our legal obligation to comply with the legislation on the protection of consumers and users.
If you have given your express permission to this effect, we will share your data with third parties in order to display adverts that match your purchasing and browsing preferences within our, and external, services and products. This process can only be undertaken with your previous consent.
If you are not registered on our webpage or our application, the duration of conservation of your personal data by Wallapop will be the following:
- The access to the IP address or other identifier of your device in order to locate the origin of the download of our application and/or website once the download is completed.
- Wallapop has access to and collects data, for the aforementioned purposes, on the location of the device when the geo-localisation feature is enabled.
In the case that you have registered as a user on the application and/or the website, the data we handle will be saved for the following periods:
- The data collected in order to process your registration on our website or application while you remain an account holder.
- The data collected to manage your user preferences for the period that you do not disagree to those terms.
- The data gathered to ensure the correct use of our services and products will be kept until we have carried out the verification of that data.
- The data gathered in order to show you targeted advertisement will be kept for the period that you do not disagree to those terms.
- The data gathered in order to send commercial correspondence about our services will be kept for the period that you are a registered user or until you disagree with our handling of this data.
- The data gathered as a consequence of your participation in the competitions offered by Wallapop will only be kept for the duration of that competition.
- We keep the the data provided to us via the chat service for the purpose of ensuring the correct use of this service.
- The data obtained by using our shipping services is kept for the stated period of civil liability derived from this service.
- The data gathered as a consequence of your use of the geo-localization services is conserved until you deregister your account with us.
- The data obtained as a consequence of the complaints or inquiries made to us are kept until the the matter has been resolved.
- Data related to your browsing or purchasing habits from third parties will be kept until you revoke your prior consent.
When you delete your registration as a user of wallapop, we will delete all of the personal information we have that belongs to you. However, Wallapop will conserve purely statistical data on the use of resources and tools.
As previously mentioned, only in the case that you have given your prior consent, may Wallapop provide your data to third parties outside of our company.
Third parties based outside of the European Union can only access your personal data when they are offering services to us which enable us to manage our services and/or offer our services and products to our users. In this respect, we inform you that we only select those providers who are able to guarantee the protection of your personal data and you can always contact Wallapop for further information regarding this matter.
You can exercise your rights to access, modify, deny or restrict the handling and portability of your data, as well as, revoke your consent at any time given to Wallapop S.L., CIF nº B-66.04.9057, on Calle Meridiana 89, 6th Floor, 08026, Barcelona (Spain), attached photocopy of the DNI or valid equivalent identification document. For your convenience, and without prejudice towards the formal requirements of the LOPD [Agencia Española de Protección de Datos] which must be complied with, Wallapop S.L. offers the possibility to exercise your given rights via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We remind you of your right to direct a complaint to the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos, if you believe Wallapop has not abided by the regulations for the protection of your rights. This complaint may be made with the above named authorised body using the channels offered via the online platform of the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (http://www.agpd.es/portalwebAGPD/CanalDelCiudadano/derechos/principales_derchos).
In order for the adverts I see to be of interest to me, I accept that wallapop may share any information gathered during my session with the companies with which they collaborate.